Job Posting: ESL Instructor
Location: Rogers, AR
Reports to: Program Director
Function: To provide instruction in English literacy, GED, and U.S. Citizenship to adults in a plant setting.
- Create detailed lessons plans based on program curriculum
- Plan and conduct classes at a Tyson plant in Rogers
- Maintain and submit student and class records (e.g. attendance sheets, student goals, and other records) as required by specified deadlines
- Attend and participate in staff program meetings
- Maintain the confidentiality of adult learners
- Two years of college or an associate’s degree in related field
- Ability to read, write, and speak English effectively
- Experience teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages in a classroom setting
- Must be willing to work in a flexible work environment, maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, be patient and provide encouragement to your students
- Exercise respect for and a willingness to work with people who come from different cultures, races, ethnic backgrounds or economic levels, and who may have different religious beliefs and values
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required
This position offers up to 10-20 hours per week of class preparation and instruction. The position requires teaching classes in the early morning and/or late evening to accommodate plant workers’ shift schedules.
Interested candidates should send a resume referencing “ESL Instructor” to email@example.com by March 24, 2017.
Ozark Literacy Council is an equal opportunity employer.